Natives of Kodiak, Inc. (NOK), is an Alaska Native Urban Corporation, incorporated in 1973 as a for-profit corporation organized under Alaska Law and pursuant to the 1971 federal Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (16 USC B 1601 et seq.), commonly referred to as “ANCSA”. NOK is managed by its President and CEO who is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors comprised of elected NOK shareholders.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Corey Gronn, Chairperson
- Leonard 'Pat' Heitman, Vice-Chair
- Laurence Anderson, Secretary
- Carla Schauff, Treasurer
- Anthony Cange, Director
- Alexis 'Sonny' Chichenoff, Director
- Donene Tweten, Director
- Jeannine Marsh, Director
- Margaret Roberts, Director
- James K. Erickson, President & CEO
- David Anderson, Vice-President
Business and Financial Management Experience
NOK’s extensive business and financial management experience include:
- Management of approximately 20,174 acres of land on Kodiak and Afognak Islands including the creation, implementation and oversight of a professional land use policy and permitting system
- 100% ownership (through KOMAN Holdings, LLC) of 5 subsidiaries
- KOMAN Diversified Services, LLC (KDS), a HUBZone certified small business specializing in general construction
- KOMAN Government Solutions, LLC (KGS), an 8(a) company specializing in environmental remediation, construction, munitions services, and operations and maintenance
- KOMAN Construction, LLC (KC), an 8(a) company specializing in vertical and horizontal construction
- Environmental Assessment Services, LLC (EAS), an 8(a) company specializing in environmental compliance, spill response & natural resource damage assessment, and ecological resource characterization & restoration
- SWP Contracting and Paving (SWP), an 8(a) and HUBZone certified company specializing in civil construction and design, pavement preservation and maintenance, and general and federal government contracting.
- KOMAN Integrated Solutions, LLC (KIS), an 8(a) certified company specializing in general contracting, new pavement, pavement preservation and maintenance, underground construction, earthwork and excavating, demolition, major and minor concrete work, and wet and dry utilities.
- KOMAN Advantage, LLC (KA), an 8(a) certified company specializing in programmatic, operational, logistics, engineering support, and electrical support services.
- Master planning and development of Kodiak Island’s Spruce Cape Subdivision, a master planned 122 unit single family housing project located on 55 acres of NOK land at the north end of Kodiak, including sewer and water design and construction
- Environmental restoration coordination with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at NOK’s Buskin Beach property
- Construction and management of Kodiak’s 18,000 square foot, $3 million dollar Alutiiq Center, built to exacting national archival standards, which houses the renowned Alutiiq Museum as well as professional office space
- Partnership and present management of one of Alaska’s largest and most successful forest management companies, Koncor Forest Products Company